Conference events and activities
In addition to engaging sessions and speakers, here are some additional conference activities you can enjoy over the weekend:
- Welcome Reception: Get a chance to meet and network with fellow conference attendees and interact with Best Friends staff and conference sponsors during the opening reception on Thursday, July 19, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The reception will take place in the Save Them All Networking Hub. Light snacks and drinks will be available.
- Network partner VIP party: Free drinks, hors d'oeuvres, and giveaways? Yes please! If your organization is a Best Friends Network Partner, you're invited to join us on the evening of Friday, July 20 from 7-9 p.m. at the Border Grill. As a thank you for all you do for the animals, we're throwing you an exclusive VIP party, where you'll get the chance to network with other partners and special guests, and win some money to further the work you do.
- Bow Wow Film Festival: Kick back and relax! Join us on Friday from 7-8:30 p.m. for the Bow Wow Film Fest. Bow Wow is a collection of delightful short films that celebrate the human canine bond.
- Yaps and Apps: Join us for our Yaps and Apps party on Saturday, July 21, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Appetizers and beverages will be available.
- Mindful Meditation with Cyrus Mejja: Saving lives isn’t easy work. Join us every day at 1 p.m. to relax and unwind at meditation sessions hosted by Best Friends co-founder Cyrus Mejia.
- Save Them All Networking Hub: While you’re at the conference, don't forget to stop by the new Save Them All® networking hub. You can sign up to “ask the expert” and connect with fellow attendees, speakers and sponsors for one-on-one consults. You’ll also want to explore the Best Friends share space, where you can shop for fashion-forward swag, view an interactive no-kill map, visit our sponsor booths and experience Best Friends Animal Sanctuary via virtual reality.
- Service project: Looking to give back while in L.A.? Join us for this year’s service project: No-Sew Kitten Beds! This service activity will be taking place during open hours for the Save Them All Networking Hub (Thurs: 6 p.m. - 8 p.m., Fri: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., Sat: 12 p.m. - 2 p.m.). No experience is needed and easy to follow directions will be provided. The beds will be going to the Best Friends kitten nursery in Mission Hills.
- Ask the Expert: This year, you can sign up for a one-on-one consultation with one of the conference’s expert speakers, select sponsors or a Best Friends staff member. Once you arrive at the conference, you’ll be able to sign up for a consultation at a dedicated table near the main conference registration area. Consultations will take place in the Save Them All Networking Hub. Be sure to sign up early because there’s a limited number of spots.
- Post-conference tours: Want a first-hand look at what’s working to make Los Angeles no-kill? Take one of our Sunday trips. You can see how lives are being saved at the NKLA Pet Adoption Center in West Los Angeles or the Best Friends Pet Adoption Center in Mission Hills. You don’t want to miss this special opportunity to learn more about these adoption centers. Space is limited. You can sign up for one of these Sunday side trips when you register for the conference.