Best Friends National Conference events and activities
What’s there to do when you’re not attending a conference session? Plenty! Check out the list of additional activities and get ready to connect and have some fun.
Throughout the conference
- Exhibit Hall: Stop by to check out the latest and greatest from our many exhibitors. Be sure to explore the Best Friends Share Space, where you can shop for Best Friends merchandise and check out the brand new lifesaving tool being revealed Thursday.
During Exhibit Hall hours
Wednesday, July 24
- Exhibit Hall sneak peek: Arriving early? Come check out this year’s fabulous line-up of conference exhibitors.
5 to 8 p.m. in the Exhibit Hall
Thursday, July 25
- Welcome reception: Network with fellow conference attendees, Best Friends staff and conference sponsors at the opening reception. Enjoy light snacks and a cash bar.
5:30 to 8 p.m. in the Exhibit Hall
- Dallas Pets Alive’s After Bark Party: Don’t miss the fun, sponsored by Dallas Pets Alive and Hero Pet Brands. The first round of drinks (available 8:30 to 9:30 p.m.) is on Hero, so bring your conference badge to take advantage. Light appetizers will be provided and food trucks will be on-site. There will also be raffle prizes, foster dogs to snuggle and more. Plus, Community Beer Company will donate $1 to Dallas Pets Alive for every beer purchased.
8:30 to 10:30 p.m. at Community Beer Company (1530 Inspiration Dr., #200, Dallas)
Saturday, July 27
- TAILgate party: Cap off your conference experience on a celebratory note. Don’t miss our TAILgate costume party — the theme is Team 2025. Enter the costume contest with categories that include team spirit, best duo, best group, best team cheer and most colorful. One lucky MVP will win* a 2020 conference registration! Appetizers and beverages will be available. Be sure to wear your name badge lanyard; your drink ticket will be inside.
6 to 9 p.m. at the Anatole Sculpture Garden
*You must be present to win.
Sunday, July 28
- Post-conference tours: Get a first-hand look at the lifesaving going on in Dallas. Join us on a visit to Dallas Animal Services, the fourth largest dog and cat intake facility in the country, or tour Spay Neuter Network’s clinic and mobile surgical animal hospital. Log in to your registration page before July 19 to sign up for one of these Sunday side trips; space is limited.
By appointment only
- Save Them All Table Talks: Sit down one-on-one or in a small group with an expert speaker, sponsor or Best Friends staff member. Sign up via the conference app by tapping “+” and it will be automatically be added to your agenda. Need help? Swing by the Table Talk/App help desk on-site. There are limited spots available, so sign up early.