Become a volunteer
Interested in lending a hand at the Best Friends National Conference? We’d love your help! Volunteers are crucial to the success of the conference because they help things run smoothly and ensure that every attendee has a great time.
Volunteering is a great way to help the animals, have fun and meet like-minded people. Last year, 175 volunteers helped out at the conference, and 130 of them crossed state lines to do so. During the event, volunteers contributed a total of 2,079 hours.
Here are a few things to consider before you sign up to volunteer:
- From setup to tear-down to greeting, assisting and registering attendees, there are tons of volunteer opportunities to match your interests. Please see the Volunteer Opportunities page for more information.
- You must be at least 18 years old and able to volunteer at least one full shift lasting about four hours. We ask non-local volunteers to commit to a full day (two shifts).
- A light lunch will be provided for volunteers working during applicable shifts. It’s up to you to cover all other meals, transportation and hotel expenses.
- If you want to attend sessions on days when you’re not volunteering, we suggest that you register to attend the conference rather than volunteering. We want you to be able to take full advantage of all the educational and networking opportunities that will be afforded you as a conference attendee, which you will not have access to as a volunteer.
- Online volunteer orientation and training sessions will be offered before the conference. If you can’t attend a live session, you can watch a recorded session instead. Training for some volunteer positions (e.g., team leads and lead session room monitors) will be in the form of live webinars. These orientations require attendance.
Volunteer recruitment begins in early April, but if you can’t wait to help or have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org today.
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering at the Best Friends National Conference and for all that you do for the animals. Together, we can Save Them All.