Pet Assistance Resources for Economic Hardship
If you face the possibility of having to give up your pet due to economic hardship, please check out these pet assistance resources:
- A state-by-state listing of resources for pet owners on tight budgets can be found on Dog Channel.com
- How to Find, Keep & Enjoy a Pet-Friendly Rental (from FIREPAW)
- List of national and state resources for pet owners in need (from HSUS)
- Find Pet-Friendly Rentals across the United States (from My Apartment Map)
- Pet Financial Aid Resources for Low-Income Families
If you are facing foreclosure, please see the helpful resource about foreclosure provided by the American Humane Association.
If you can't afford to feed your pets properly:
- Contact your local animal shelter, humane society, or SPCA. Oftentimes, these organizations are able to help provide pet food to families in need
- Contact your local food bank or food pantry. Many food assistance programs for people will also provide pet food.