Internship Opportunities at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary
Animal care and administrative internships at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab, Utah, are open to college students (both undergraduate and graduate) seeking a career in animal welfare, as well as other candidates who have equivalent life and work experience.
Sessions of 5, 12 and 15 weeks are offered in all animal care departments, including:
- Cat World
- Horse Haven (includes goats and pigs)
- Bunny House
- Parrot Garden and Wild Friends
Five-week sessions are species-specific. Twelve- and 15-week sessions may either be species-specific or rotational, based on your interests and experience.
5-week internship sessions:
- January 20 to February 21, 2020
- February 24 to March 27, 2020
- March 30 to May 1, 2020
- June 1 to July 3, 2020
- July 20 to August 21, 2020
- August 31 to October 2, 2020
- October 5 to November 6, 2020
- November 9 to December 11, 2020
12-week internship sessions:
- June 1 to August 21, 2020
15-week internship sessions:
- January 20 to May 1, 2020
- August 31 to December 11, 2020
Best Friends also offers internships in non-animal-care departments, including:
- National and Sanctuary marketing
- Emergency response
- Adoption programs
- Foster programs
Dates for these programs are flexible. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for an internship. Please note that internships are unpaid, and housing is not provided.
Intern scholarship opportunities
Thanks to some kind and generous Best Friends supporters, internship scholarships are available. An intern scholarship can help you with travel, lodging and general living expenses during the internship. If you’ve been accepted into the internship program, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship.
Best Friends also offers veterinary externships: Learn more.