Conference networking tips to connect with others who are passionate about animal welfare
The Best Friends National Conference, presented by Maddie's Fund, is an opportunity to open new doors for you personally and professionally. Connecting with leaders, experts and like-minded people in animal welfare all in one place gives you the chance not only to learn how to save more lives, but to create a lasting community full of invaluable resources and friendships.
Here are a few ways you can make the best of your conference networking experience:
- “Like” the Best Friends National Conference Facebook page. Watch for posts about the event so you can stay informed about what’s happening at the conference.
- After you register, you’ll be given access to a fun and engaging private Facebook page just for conference attendees. You can post questions, make connections, set up ride shares or just soak up the conversations.
- Bring stacks of business cards or notes with your contact info to share with people you meet.
- Collect others’ cards and make notes on them to help you remember who’s who. You’ll be surprised by just how many people you meet.
- Attend social gatherings during the conference, including the welcome reception and Yaps and Apps Networking Party. They’re some of the easiest places to meet up and chat with everyone.
- Hang out in the exhibit hall, where you can explore the booths and say hello to new faces.