A popular destination to volunteer
Piggy Paradise volunteer projects
Here's your chance to discover the intelligence, humor and charisma of our wonderful potbellied pigs!
While volunteering, you may be asked to help with any of the following tasks:
- Chopping veggies and preparing feed
- Feeding and watering
- Cleaning feed buckets and pans
- Restocking feed (veggies and pellets)
- Cleaning up the hay and feed storage areas
- Poop scooping and raking
- Digging and filling mud holes
- Cleaning pig houses
- Fence and facility maintenance
- Grooming pigs
- Walking pigs
- Socializing with the pigs
Piggy Paradise safety guidelines
To keep you and our animal friends safe, here are a few things that you should be aware of before volunteering:
- You must be at least 12 years of age to volunteer in Piggy Paradise.
- You cannot volunteer in Piggy Paradise if you are suffering from a cold, flu, or upper respiratory infection.
- If you have pigs at home, please bring clothes and shoes with you that have not been worn around your animals at home.
- Closed-toe shoes are required for volunteering.
- Long pants are strongly recommended for volunteering.
- Please wear clothing appropriate for working outside in all types of weather including rain, snow, extreme heat and cold.
- Please avoid any work or activity that might cause or exacerbate back, knee, or other pain; physical injuries or limitations; or allergies. Please consult with your doctor about precautions for your particular condition.
- Never enter an area containing an animal without permission.
- Never approach an animal without checking with a staff member first.
- Never run up to or approach an animal in a quick manner.
- Don’t feed the animals treats without prior approval; some of the animals are on special diets or can be food-aggressive.
- Do not place your face in harm’s way. If you put your face too close to an animal, he/she may bite or turn and jump quickly, causing injuries.
Are you interested in volunteering at Marshall's Piggy Paradise? Click here to get started.
Search other volunteer opportunities. Click here.