Take a free guided tour through Angel Canyon
Ready to experience the magic of Angel Canyon? Let us be your guide. Enjoy a guided tour led by one of our knowledgeable Sanctuary Ambassadors. We have no doubt that you'll fall in love with the canyon and the over 3000 animals that call this place home.
Daily Sanctuary tours
General tours are two hours long and start with a short video, followed by a 90-minute tour of the Sanctuary. You’ll get to meet and greet some incredible cats and dogs, visit some areas of the Sanctuary, and get a general sense of the work we do here with the animals.
Tours are offered at the following times:
- General Sanctuary tour – Daily at 8:30 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Dogtown tour (stops at three different areas) – 8:30 a.m., Monday through Friday
Please note: If you have children under the age of eight, are traveling with your own pets, or have a party of 10 or more people, please call our Welcome Center at 435-644-2001, ext. 4537 to arrange your tour.
Animal department tours
We encourage visitors to let us know you are coming, but you also may simply drop by the animal area at the tour times specified below.
- Horses and pigs – 9 a.m., Monday and Wednesday, Horse Haven
- Wild Friends – 10:15 a.m. daily
- Parelli Natural Horsemanship Training Demo – 10:30 a.m., Tuesday and Friday, Horse Haven
- Parrot Garden – 11 a.m. daily
- Bunny House – 2 p.m. daily
Cat World Headquarters – 1:45 to 3 p.m., Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Learn all about what goes into caring for the fuzzy felines of Cat World.
Behind the scenes of the original Dogtown – 1:30 to 3 p.m., Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Join us for a backstage tour of the original Dogtown and its tail-wagging roots.
Tour du jour
In addition to the tours listed above, each day we offer special custom tours, led by our expert, enthusiastic Sanctuary Ambassadors. For more information, visit the Welcome Center while you are here or call us at 435-644-2001, ext. 4537.
- Horses and pigs guided walking tour: Take a stroll to Horse Haven and Marshall’s Piggy Paradise and learn about the fabulous farm animals who inhabit the lower canyon.
- Coffee with the birds: Walk the Sanctuary grounds as we look and listen for native birds who reside in Angel Canyon.
- Angels Rest: Take a van ride to the scenic final resting place for many beloved pets.
- Angels Landing: Movies, meetings and marriages – Wander over to Angels Landing and learn the history behind this stunning natural outdoor amphitheater.
- Rocks, ruins and dinosaurs: Explore the fascinating history and geology of Angel Canyon.
- Faces of the Sanctuary: Photography tour and tips – Take a walk and capture the canyon and its inhabitants through the lens of your camera.
*Please note that all tours are weather permitting and can be cancelled due to the weather or other circumstances beyond our control.