Volunteer at Strut Your Mutt
There’s nothing quite like the sound of hundreds of dogs panting, sniffing and walking together, amid a festival atmosphere of food and fun. If this sounds like your dream come true, Best Friends Animal Society can use your help to make this year’s Strut Your Mutt the best ever.
These fun and games raise critical funds for hundreds of No More Homeless Pets Network partners — shelters and rescue groups across the country dedicated to saving the lives of animals in shelters.
Strut Your Mutt is tons of fun, but it also takes a team of energetic and dedicated people to pull it off. We need volunteers to help with event registration, assist along the walk route or help at booths and attractions. You can also help with a number of other tasks, including setting up on the day before the event, cleanup and all sorts of things that pop up along the way. Click here to read the position descriptions. To volunteer, email the applicable volunteer coordinator.
2017 Strut Your Mutt cities
- Atlanta, Georgia: September 30
- Austin, Texas: September 30
- D.C. Metro: September 23
- Houston, Texas: October 14
- Jacksonville, Florida: September 23
- Kanab, Utah (Sanctuary): September 16
- Los Angeles, California: October 21
- Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota: September 9
- New York City, New York: Ocbober 7
- Phoenix, Arizona: October 21
- Portland, Oregon: September 9
- Salt Lake City, Utah: October 14
- San Francisco, California: September 16
- St. Louis, Missouri: October 7
Please note: Dates and locations are subject to change.
Please note: The minimum age to volunteer is 12. Minors ages 12-15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. There are select opportunities available to minors.
Information for volunteers
To volunteer in L.A., email volunteerLA@bestfriends.org
To volunteer in New York, email volunteerNYC@bestfriends.org
To volunteer in Salt Lake City, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To volunteer in one of the other cities, email email@example.com
Learn more about Strut Your Mutt at strutyourmutt.org.