Volunteer at Strut Your Mutt
Join the volunteer committee that plans Strut Your Mutt®
Best Friends Animal Society is looking for volunteers who are passionate about animals, fundraising and event planning to join the local planning committee for the trademark Strut Your Mutt event series located in 14 cities across the country. Planning will begin in April and time will fly during this six to seven month experience. Volunteers will serve as event coordinators, (approximately three per city) responsible for managing and planning the local event logistics and entertainment. This team will work together, with each person owning specific responsibilities that fall under logistics and entertainment. Best Friends event staff will help each team delegate the responsibilities based on the team members' experience and interests. Watch this fun video to check out what our events are like!
Click here for an overview of the event coordinator position and information on how to apply.
2017 Strut Your Mutt cities
- Atlanta, Georgia: September 23
- Austin, Texas: September 16
- D.C. Metro: October 7
- Houston, Texas: October 14
- Jacksonville, Florida: September 30
- Kanab, Utah (Sanctuary): September 16
- Los Angeles, California: October 21
- Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota: September 10
- New York City, New York: October 7
- Phoenix, Arizona: October 21
- Portland, Oregon: September 9
- Salt Lake City, Utah: October 14
- San Francisco, California: September 30
- St. Louis, Missouri: September 23
Please note: Dates and locations are subject to change.
Please note: The minimum age to volunteer is 12. Minors ages 12-15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. There are select opportunities available to minors.
Information for volunteers
To volunteer in L.A., email volunteerLA@bestfriends.org
To volunteer in New York, email volunteerNYC@bestfriends.org
To volunteer in Salt Lake City, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To volunteer in one of the other cities, email email@example.com
Learn more about Strut Your Mutt at strutyourmutt.org.