Spend an afternoon with some of our cutest best friends
Bunny House volunteer projects (domestic rabbits)
There is a lot of work involved in caring for so many bunnies so we will gladly keep you busy. With the assistance of the staff, you’ll have lots of fun learning about what’s involved in large-scale rabbit care.
While volunteering you might be asked to help with any of the following tasks:
- Cleaning runs
- Poop scooping runs
- Refreshing litter, food, and hay
- Filling water bowls
- Washing litter pans and food bowls
- Sweeping inside and out
- Leveling the runs (please ask for details)
- Socializing with the bunnies (please ask before picking them up)
- Grooming and brushing
- Giving treats
- Folding bunny laundry
- Chopping veggies and feeding
- Creating bunny toys
Bunny House safety guidelines
To keep you and our animal friends safe, here are a few things that you should be aware of before volunteering:
- You must be 8 years of age to volunteer at the Bunny House.
- It’s essential that you latch all gates securely behind you whenever entering or exiting a rabbit area.
- Please watch where you step. Rabbits tend to get underfoot while you are working.
- Please be aware that bunnies can bite and scratch so we ask that you do not handle pick up a bunny until you check with a staff member. A staff member will teach you how to pick up and hold the rabbits and tell you which rabbits are receptive to being approached.
- Please avoid any work or activity that might cause or exacerbate back, knee, or other pain; physical injuries or limitations; or allergies. Please consult your doctor about precautions to take for your particular condition.
- Always sanitize your hands promptly after handling a rabbit.
Are you interested in volunteering at Bunny House? Click here to get started.
Search other volunteer opportunities. Click here.