Best Friends and APRA
On October 1st, 2016, APRA (Atlanta Pet Rescue and Adoption) will be joining Best Friends Animal Society as Best Friends - Atlanta. The center will serve as a lifesaving hub for animals and also a base from which we can fill in gaps in local programming and build a coalition to help the metro-Atlanta area in its final push to no-kill. Best Friends already has centers in Los Angeles, New York and Utah. Now, with the joining of APRA, Best Friends- Atlanta can help strengthen the no-kill movement in the southeast as well. Together with quality animal welfare organizations throughout the country, we will bring no-kill to animals all across the nation. Together, we will Save Them All.
Thank you for giving us a warm welcome to Atlanta!
We are happy to answer your questions. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get involved in Atanta
Best Friends’ Strut Your Mutt is coming to Atlanta this year! Sign up and save lives.
By adopting a dog or cat, you are helping to Save Them All, one four-legged friend at a time. Visit our regularly updated list to find a shelter near you.
Can’t adopt? You can make a difference to the animals with every dollar you donate to Best Friends. Become a member today.
We are actively working with local communities to spay and neuter community cats. By controlling the population of feral and stray free-roaming cats, we can help save cats’ lives. Learn more about community cat programs in your area.
Who is Best Friends
Best Friends Animal Society is the only national animal welfare organization focused exclusively on ending the killing of dogs and cats in America's shelters. A leader in the no-kill movement, Best Friends runs the nation's largest no-kill sanctuary for companion animals, as well as lifesaving programs in partnership with rescue groups and shelters across the country. Since its founding in 1984, Best Friends has helped reduce the number of animals killed in American shelters from 17 million per year to an estimated 4 million. By continuing to build effective initiatives that reduce the number of animals entering shelters and increase the number who find homes, Best Friends and its nationwide network of members and partners are working to Save Them All.
Best Friends is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Together, we can Save Them All.
Local Network partner events
Check out upcoming events by Best Friends network partners in Georgia.
- As the largest sheltering organization in Atlanta, LifeLine has reached no-kill thresholds. Read the press release.
- Visit LifeLine's DeKalb County Animal Shelter and Fulton County Animal Shelter for monthly adoption specials.
- Get affordable services for your pet at a LifeLine Spay & Neuter Clinic. Microchipping and vaccinations available with surgery.
- Attend a Low-Cost Pet Vaccine Clinic – fourth Saturday of each month at the Avondale location, second Saturday of each month at the Southside location.
- Join or donate to Lifeline Animal Project’s Strut Your Mutt Team.
- Attend Healthy Pets Atlanta, on October 15, where LifeLine provides FREE veterinary care, vaccinations, microchips, spay/neuter vouchers, food and more to the community.
- Vaccination and Microchip Clinic for cats and dogs - Sunday, August 7th, 10am-4pm
- Tats for Cats - Monster Ink Atlanta, August 12th-18th! Appointment is required. 25% will be donated to Good Mews!
- Join or Donate to the Good Mews Strut Your Mutt Team.
- Lucky's Roswell Anniversary Bash with Angels Among Us Pet Rescue - Saturday, August 27, 2016, 4:00 pm -- 11:00 pm Join Angels Among Us Pet Rescue for Lucky's Burgers and Brew Roswell 6th anniversary celebration with an End of Summer BASH on Saturday, August 27. We will have adoptable dogs, Angels merchandise and great items to raffle off!
- Join or Donate to the Angels Among Us Strut Your Mutt Team.
- Every Saturday is Adoption Caturday - Visit our cage free cat shelter from 12 to 5 p.m. every Saturday and check out the best cats and kittens around! All available for adoption. You can meet hundreds of cats, FIV+ kitties and even kittens. Remember, two are always better than one. You can adopt two cats or kittens for the price of one year-round! Learn more.
- Join or Donate to the Furkids Strut Your Mutt Team.
- Join to Donate to the Atlanta Pet Rescue Strut Your Mutt Team.
- Low Cost Spay Neuter, Vaccinations and Microchipping – Low cost spay or neuter vouchers may be purchased at any point. Vaccine and microchip clinics are held twice a month at the shelter in Suwanee.
- Join or Donate to the Georgia SPCA Strut Your Mutt Team.
- Casino Night – November 18th, 7pm - Join Mostly Mutts at Park Tavern for another fabulous Casino Night! There will be Black Jack, Craps, Roulette, Texas Hold em', and Prizes! Have fun for a great cause. Our entry ticket includes open bar, heavy hors d’oeuvres, raffle tickets and casino “funny money.” There will be exciting auction items as well as great raffle prizes.
- Bark Box Benefit – Sign up for a new Bark Box subscription and Mostly Mutts will get $25.
- Read to Dogs – Every Tuesday, 7-7:30 pm. This reading program is designed to assist in the adoption of shy and fearful dogs with high anxiety or are overly stressed, as well as get children involved to learn about dog behavior and improve their reading skills simultaneously. These dogs are more likely to get adopted once they learn that approaching and interacting with people is better than hiding in the back or cowering in the kennel at adoption events. Click here for more information.
- Read about Mostly Mutts acquiring a shelter in Kennesaw.
- Join or Donate to Mostly Mutts’ Strut your Mutt Team.
- Low Cost Vaccine Clinics held twice a month in Duluth
- Free Barn Cat Adoptions
- Low Cost Spay and Neuter Services for dogs and cats - prevent unwanted litters and improve your animal's health with surgical sterilization for owned pets or community cats. Make an appointment today.
- Adopt a cat from one of Planned Pethood's four Petsmart and Petco adoption locations. More information here.