Volunteer at Strut Your Mutt
There’s nothing quite like the sound of hundreds of dogs panting, sniffing and walking together amid a festival atmosphere of food and fun. If this sounds like your dream come true, Best Friends Animal Society can use your help to make this year’s Strut Your Mutt the best ever for homeless pets.
Strut Your Mutt is tons of fun, but it also takes a team of energetic and dedicated people to pull it off. We need volunteers to help with event registration, assist along the walk route or help at booths and attractions. You can also help with a number of other tasks, including setting up on the day before the event, cleanup and all sorts of things that pop up along the way.
Watch this fun video to check out what our events are like!
2017 Strut Your Mutt cities
- Atlanta, Georgia: September 23
- Austin, Texas: September 16
- D.C. Metro: October 7
- Houston, Texas: October 14
- Jacksonville, Florida: September 30
- Kanab, Utah (Sanctuary): September 16
- Los Angeles, California: October 21
- Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota: September 10
- New York City, New York: October 7
- Phoenix, Arizona: October 21
- Portland, Oregon: September 9
- Salt Lake City, Utah: October 14
- San Francisco, California: September 30
- St. Louis, Missouri: September 23
Please note: The minimum age to volunteer is 12. Minors ages 12-15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. There are select opportunities available to minors.
Information for volunteers
To volunteer in L.A., email volunteerLA@bestfriends.org
To volunteer in New York, email volunteerNYC@bestfriends.org
To volunteer in Salt Lake City, email email@example.com
To volunteer in Atlanta, email volunteerATL@bestfriends.org
To volunteer in one of the other cities, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about Strut Your Mutt at strutyourmutt.org.