Volunteer with the Animals at Best Friends
We’re open! Our staff is working hard to keep you safe. For more on what you can expect when you visit, see COVID-19: Keeping you safe
Whether you help at our Sanctuary located in beautiful Angel Canyon in Kanab, Utah, in your community with one of our regional programs, helping to transport pets across the country, or from your home with one of our National opportunities, you'll make a real difference in the lives of homeless pets, meet others who love animals, and have fun!
Volunteer at the Sanctuary
Join the thousands of people who come from all over the world every year to work with our roughly 1,600 Sanctuary animals. From walking an enthusiastic dog, to cleaning a rabbit run, to just sitting and talking to a shy cat, there's always plenty to do.
Plan your Sanctuary volunteer experience
Learn about Best Friends paid internship opportunities »
Volunteer at Best Friends
Did you know Best Friends has regional programs all over the country? Assist with one of Best Friends' regional programs in the following locations:
Salt Lake City
New York City
Volunteer Where You Are
Can't make it to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Southern Utah or a Regional Program? There are lots of volunteer opportunities and ways to help rescue pets around the country:
- Help Locally or From Home – Volunteer for Best Friends Animal Society or a Best Friends Network partner without having to leave the comfort of your home or community.
- Become a Foster Parent – Opening your home to a foster pet saves lives, and it frees up space for another pet to be rescued. Fostering a pet, whether for days, weeks or months may be short-term, but the results are long lasting.
- Advocate for Pets in Your Community – Become one of the local advocates working to make sustainable changes that save lives by joining a local Action Team, or by forming your own!
- Care for Community Cats – We’re looking for volunteers to help with cat transport, cleaning and data entry in select cities.
- Pet Transport – We’re looking for volunteer drivers to help homeless cats and dogs get from high-volume intake areas to shelters and rescue groups in regions of the country where they have a much greater chance of finding homes.
- Volunteer at Best Friends Events – Each year Best Friends hosts large and small events across the country, such as our National Conference, Strut Your Mutt dog walk, Adoption weekends, and more.
Don't forget the animals in your own community! There are thousands of Best Friends Network Partners all over the country – local and regional animal rescue organizations and shelters working in your community – and they need your help today.
Apply to be a Best Friends Volunteer Today
Feel the pleasure and fulfillment that helping animals brings. And regardless of where you choose to volunteer, your efforts, no matter how big or small, help to Save Them All.