Sanctuary sleepovers: Adventure awaits!
Planning a volunteer experience at the Sanctuary? Looking to explore the area while staying in pet-friendly lodging? Great! Consider giving an adoptable dog, cat or bunny some one-on-one time by hosting a sleepover at your pet-friendly accommodations (such as the Best Friends Roadhouse & Mercantile, or a Best Friends cottage or cabin).
Please note that sleepovers are available solely to those traveling without their personal pets.
What are the steps to take an animal for a sleepover?
- Please ensure your accommodations are pet friendly. All Best Friends accommodations allow animal sleepovers. This includes the Best Friends Roadhouse & Mercantile and Best Friends cottages, cabins and RV spots.
- To host* an adoptable animal for a sleepover, one adult member of your party must have a current volunteer account. The volunteer account must be created prior to pickup. An account can be created on our volunteer site.
- One member of your party must complete a volunteer shift with Dogtown, Cat World or Bunny House (consistent with the animal you would like to take on a sleepover). This requirement is waived if staying at any Best Friends lodging accommodations.
- Submit a sleepover interest form.
- Pick up your sleepover animal at the appropriate department HQ (map) at 3:30 p.m. and return the next day at 8:00 a.m.
*Sleepovers are dependent on animal availability as well as all members of your party meeting species-specific and location-specific age requirements. Personal pets cannot be present.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 435-319-0622.