Sanctuary sleepovers: Adventure awaits!
Planning a volunteer experience at the Sanctuary? Looking to explore the area while staying in pet-friendly lodging? Great! Consider giving an adoptable dog, cat or bunny some one-on-one time by hosting a sleepover at your pet-friendly accommodations (such as the Best Friends Roadhouse & Mercantile, or a Best Friends cottage or cabin).
Please note that sleepovers are available solely to those traveling without their personal pets.
What are the steps to take an animal for a sleepover?
- In order to host* an adoptable animal for a sleepover, one adult member of your party must have a current volunteer account. The volunteer account must be created prior to pickup. An account can be created on our volunteer site.
- One member of your group must complete a volunteer shift with Dogtown, Cat World or Bunny House (consistent with the animal you would like to take on a sleepover).
- Please ensure your accommodations are pet-friendly. All Best Friends accommodations allow animal sleepovers. This includes the Best Friends Roadhouse & Mercantile and Best Friends cottages, cabins and RV spots.
- Please note: guests staying at Best Friends accommodations do not have to complete a volunteer shift in order to host a sleepover animal. If you are staying at Best Friends accommodations but are not volunteering, you must:
- Pick up your sleepover animal at 3:30 p.m and return the next day at 8:00 a.m.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 435-644-2001 ext. 4119
*Note that sleepovers are dependent on animal availability. In addition, there may be minimum ages for all group members, based on the animal you would like to take for a sleepover.