The state-of-the-art Best Friends Animal Clinic
Best Friends Animal Clinic is much more than an innovative veterinary clinic that provides top-notch care for our Sanctuary animals. It’s a place where every animal gets comfort and healing, no matter the medical problem or special need.
What makes the clinic so special?
Thanks to many compassionate donors and members, our new clinic was opened in 2014. It was designed with one goal in mind: to help the animals at the Sanctuary.
Artfully constructed inside and out, the clinic has state-of-the-art features that allow veterinarians and technicians to treat the hundreds of animals and it’s designed to make every animal who arrives feel as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Some those features include the following:
- A multi-procedure spay/neuter surgery suite, plus a special surgery suite
- Treatment area with long-term patient areas and open bays for large dogs
- Separate X-ray and dental suites
- Separate areas for dogs and cats to reduce stress
- A procedure room with variable lighting capability
- Natural lighting throughout
- In-floor hydronic radiant heat
- Geothermal heating and cooling
Services for our Sanctuary animals
Every one of our Sanctuary animals provided expert care to find healing and, eventually, a forever home. Here are some other services we provide to our Sanctuary animals:
- Spay/neuter (also available for pets in the community)
- Special surgeries, like intestinal or bladder surgery
- Ultrasound and laboratory diagnostics
- Dental care and procedures
- Wellness care, including vaccinations and exams
- Physical therapy and hydrotherapy
- Laser treatment, chiropractic care and acupuncture
Services available to the public
The Best Friends Animal Clinic also offers affordable spay/neuter and vaccinations services for the pets of residents in the surrounding areas. Learn more about our veterinary services.
Go behind the scenes and see Best Friends Animal Clinic as it was being built.