The state-of-the-art Best Friends Animal Clinic
Best Friends Animal Clinic is much more than an innovative clinic where animals at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary get top-notch care. It’s a place where every animal, no matter his or her medical problem or special need, can get the comfort, healing and happiness to find a loving home even sooner.
What makes the clinic so special?
Thanks to many compassionate donors and members, a new Best Friends Animal Clinic was opened in 2014. And it was designed with one goal in mind: to help the animals at the Sanctuary.
Artfully constructed on both the inside and out, the clinic has many state-of-the-art features that allow veterinarians and technicians the means and space to treat the hundreds of animals who depend on it. Plus, it was designed to make every animal who arrives feel as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Some features include:
- A multi-procedure spay/neuter surgery suite, plus a special surgery suite
- Treatment area with long-term patient areas and open bays for large dogs
- Separate x-ray and dental suites
- Separate areas for dogs and cats to reduce stress
- A procedure room with variable lighting capability
- Natural lighting throughout
- In-floor hydronic radiant heat
- Geothermal heating and cooling
- And much more
Services for our Sanctuary animals
Every one of our animal friends at the Sanctuary is given the expert care he or she needs to find healing and a forever home. Some of the services we provide to animals at the Sanctuary are:
- Spay/neuter (also available for pets in the community)
- Special surgeries, like intestinal or bladder surgery
- Ultrasound and laboratory diagnostics
- Dental care and procedures
- Wellness care including vaccinations and exams
- Physical therapy and hydrotherapy
- Laser treatment, chiropractic care and acupuncture