Visit Best Friends Animal Sanctuary — virtually
You can experience the wonder and magic of Best Friends from home, thanks to virtual reality. We realize not everyone is able to visit the Sanctuary in person, so we created the next best thing: a virtual reality (VR/360) tour.
Take a tour with the co-founders
We invite you to join Best Friends co-founders Francis Battista and Cyrus Mejia for a personal, behind-the-scenes look at Angel Canyon, the home-between-homes for about 1,600 animals. From the dusty corrals of Horse Haven to the peaceful wind chimes of Angels Rest, it’s the next best thing to being there.
You can view this virtual reality (VR) film using a VR headset. Thanks to this cutting-edge technology, you can enjoy Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in the most immersive way possible. You can explore the red-rock canyons, visit beautiful Angels Landing and play with puppies, all from the comfort of your own home.
There are three ways to experience VR/360:
- Immersive: If you already have an Oculus or HTC Vive headset, you can find our content in the SamsungVR app by searching for “Best Friends Animal Society.” Watching the film with this type of headset will provide the best experience.
- Basic VR viewing: A cardboard headset is a simple and fun way to view VR. Best Friends cardboard headsets can be ordered from our online store.
- Non-VR (mobile) viewing: If you don’t have a headset, you can watch the film directly on your phone from the YouTube app. Move your phone around to experience all 360 degrees. Note: This is not recommended, as the film was not shot, edited or designed to be viewed in this manner.
Host your own VR Sanctuary social
The best way to understand virtual reality is to experience it yourself. Most people learn about virtual reality through a friend who has a VR headset. Hosting a VR viewing party is a great way to introduce VR to your friends and spread the word about Best Friends.
Please make a gift to help share the magic of the Sanctuary and support our mission to Save Them All by 2025.
Frequently asked questions
How do I get a Best Friends VR headset?
Buy your own Best Friends cardboard headset directly from our online store.
What do I need to experience VR/360?
You need a headset, a smartphone and the YouTube app.
How do I view the VR/360 with a cardboard headset?
- Get a Best Friends headset and assemble it as instructed. (Note: Be sure to remove the protective lens covers on both sides of the lenses.)
- Open the YouTube app on your smartphone.
- Go to bestfriends.org/VR or scan the QR code below.
- Plug in your headphones and start playback.
- Tap the headset icon. You’ll notice that the screen splits into two smaller screens.
- Insert your phone into the headset.
- We recommend that you watch the film sitting down. Enjoy!
Look for more Best Friends VR/360 experiences on our YouTube channel.