Volunteer in the final resting place for Sanctuary animals and cherished companions of Best Friends members and staff
Angels Rest Volunteer Projects
Volunteering in Angels Rest is a Sanctuary experience like no other. You’re honoring the many thousands of beloved animals who have passed by helping maintain the beauty of their final resting place. Against a magnificent backdrop of red cliffs and with a wind chime serenade, you can work to ensure that our visitors to Angels Rest have a truly magical experience. While volunteering you may be asked to help with the following tasks:
- Tidying sites
- Light pruning of bushes
- Straightening and cleaning site markers
- Picking up trash
- Painting chime tree posts
- Miscellaneous special projects
Angels Rest Safety Guidelines
To keep you safe, here are a few things that you should be aware of before volunteering:
Closed-toe shoes are required for volunteering in all areas. Sneakers or hiking shoes are the preferred footwear and shoes must have a heel strap at minimum. Clog type shoes are not permitted as shoes could fall off while walking, climbing ladders or performing other volunteer tasks.
- You must be at least 12 years old to volunteer in Angels Rest
- A staff person will meet you at Angels Rest at the beginning of your shift to give you your volunteer assignment.
- Closed-toe shoes are required.
- Long pants are recommended.
- Work gloves will be provided.
- Hats and sunscreen are recommended.
- Please be sure to bring water as it’s important to stay hydrated in the desert heat.
Are you interested in volunteering at Angels Rest? Please contact the Sanctuary Volunteer Department at email@example.com or 435-644-2001, ext. 4119 to schedule your shifts in Angels Rest.