Best Friends Animal Society’s free* community cat program is the humane, effective way to reduce the number of cats living on our streets. Community cats are the ownerless stray or feral cats who live outdoors in our neighborhoods.
The community cat program provides:
- Humane trapping of stray and feral cats, followed by spaying or neutering, vaccination and return of the cats to their home area. Over time, their numbers are reduced.
- Ear-tipping of spayed or neutered cats. A painless procedure, an ear-tip is the universal symbol of a spayed or neutered outdoor cat.
Benefits of spay/neuter:
- Prevents unwanted litters
- Saves taxpayer dollars by keeping cats out of municipal shelters
- Decreases the number of cats dying in shelters
- Helps improve the health of outdoor cats
- Reduces nuisance behaviors like spraying, fighting, howling and roaming
How you can help:
- Please tell us about stray cats with no ear-tip who need spaying or neutering.
- Call us to volunteer or to learn how you can feed and care for outdoor cats.
Don’t like cats in your yard?
Please call or email us for details on humane deterrents to keep them out.
Call 702-907-1867 or email email@example.com
Together, we can Save Them All®.
*Some restrictions may apply.