Abra Kanabra! Discover things to do in Kanab, Utah
Stop by the Kanab Visitor Center on Highway 89 for insider tips on how to plan your trip. From hiking and backpacking to camping, climbing and mountain biking, the staff at the visitor center is happy to point you in the right direction and obtain the necessary permits if needed. Here are some of the possibilities.
- Visit a national park: Bryce Canyon National Park, Zion National Park and the North Rim of Grand Canyon National Park are all within a 90-minute drive of Kanab.
- Boat, swim or just soak up the sun at Lake Powell.
- Go off-roading at the Coral Pink Sand Dunes.
- Explore the Grand Staircase―Escalante National Monument.
- Visit the Kanab Heritage and Heritage House Museums.
- See movie sets used in old western film and TV shows at the Little Hollywood Movie Museum.
- Enter a lottery for a chance to see Coyote Buttes North (The Wave).
- Stroll through Red Canyon, aka Peek-a-Boo Canyon.
- Check out the work of local artists at Raven’s Heart Gallery.
- Visit Moqui Cave, a natural history museum filled with Native American artifacts, dinosaur tracks and fluorescent rocks.
Learn more at Visit southern Utah.